Court Lodge was designed by E. B. Lamb in 1856. Above the front arch, under which all Court visitors passed is the motto; PORTA PATENS ESTO NULLI CLAUDARIS HONESTO Let the gate be open, not shut, to any honest man. The lodge housed two families: from 1861, in one part were John Turner (died 1884) and wife Elizabeth (d. 1871). By 1891, Jane Blacker, a widow on Parish Relief occupied it. The other part called ‘Coachman’s Cottage’ was occupied in 1861 by William and Priscilla Wood, in 1881 by George and Anna Seabright and in 1891 by Walter and Nellie Woodcock. From 1900 -1911+ the whole lodge was occupied by coachman Henry and Mary Maidment. Elizabeth and brother Fred Talbot later occupied it. Since the 1950’s the Lodge has been owned by the Atkinson family who turned the entrance arch into a living room.