In 1767, James Grenville purchased the farmhouse with 72 acres of glebe land, combining the Manor and Parsonage lands. Probably built in 1570, the farmhouse is now two houses. It was originally thatched and there is a small window in the attic through which a pulley could haul thatch and seed grain up to be stored. The present walls were probably built outside the original ones. A fireplace in the sitting room has a carving of the Rose and Portcullis emblem of the Squires. In 1899 a dairy school was organised by the Bath and West Counties Society from April to September for girls to come for a month to learn cheese making. On Lady Day (25th March), tenants would come here to pay their rent. The Squire, Robert Neville Grenville, bottled cider here and, in the farmyard, he built an engineering shed where his fleet of traction engines was maintained. It is also believed that the Grenville Steam Carriage was built in this shed. Old Farm has also been known as Home Farm, Parsonage Farm and Court Farm.