This row of cottages was built by James Neville, Lord Glastonbury, for his Estate workers commemorated by a date stone on the front of Number 4, having the letter G and the date 1819. Above the G is a symbolic wheatsheaf, part of the Neville crest. Cottages number 3, 4 and 5 are all of the same plan and size. In 1891 George Davis, widower, lived at number 4 with eight children, the youngest only fifteen months when his wife Ellen died from diphtheria in 1889. George was a carter working for Robert Neville Grenville. In 1914, Albert and Louise Masters lived at number 5. He was an agricultural labourer working for the squire. Their son, Arthur, enlisted in 1916 in the Somerset Light Infantry but was killed in April 1917 in France by which time he was a rifleman in the London Regiment, 12th (County of London) Battalion, the Rangers. Prior to the war he was a farm carter. In 1911, Thomas Chick, aged 69, a carpenter, joiner and builder of the huge stands for the Butleigh Revel of 1906, lived at number 1; Alfred Wingate, aged 67, a manager of steam rollers lived at number 2; George Pike, aged 25, was a shepherd and lived at number 3.