This house was probably built in the late C17th. In 1844 Alexander Higgins, a carpenter was the occupier and in 1851 he was employing twenty men. In 1881 Edwin Latcham a carpenter and wheelwright was living there with his family. Fifty years later Edwin’s nephew Jesse Bush, whilst also working for the Butleigh Court Estate, took over the business until he sold it in 1945. As a carpenter and wheelwright Edwin would have repaired wagons, painted the names on the carts and wagons and made the wheels. He was also an undertaker and made the coffins.