This was originally two cottages owned by the Butleigh Estate. One was built about 1650 and the other about 1750. The garden was a cider orchard and cider for local farm workers was made here. The original cider press was given to the Rural Life Museum in Glastonbury by Mrs D’aeth. There is a bread oven in the sitting room with a stone staircase above. When a new extension was built in 2008 a small skeleton of a kitten was found wrapped in muslin and was probably put there to ward off evil spirits. The well in the front garden, covered by a housing made entirely of blue lias stone slabs, is very old and still functions. In the 1800s, Jess Higgins, a road contractor hauled stone from quarries to the side of the road here where they were stored before being broken to make aggregate for use on the roads.