The house was originally built circa 1600 with two units and one and a half storeys. Around 1700, the house was enlarged to a three unit, central service room house with the walls and roof being raised in the C19th. Lias stone stairs rise over an oven on the eastern end and there is evidence that another, much earlier oven would have been accessed from the back of the fireplace. The windows on the front (north) have Doulting stone mullions with small hollow chamfers. A Cider Orchard surrounded the house which had a cider house containing an antique hand-propelled press and hogshead barrels. A canon ball was found in the loft and was alleged to have been fired at the battle of Sedgemoor (1685). In 1817 John Callow designated part of the house as a place of Protestant religious worship. George Locke, born in 1874, was a shoemaker working here with his father and later doing outwork for Clark’s in Street. He died in 1932 and was buried in the orchard where previous members of his family had also been buried. George’s son, also George, lived here and was the village postman.